After sketching out some initial ideas for a type face I began to experiment on photoshop. I looked at ‘nature’ styled brushes and cloud brushes as a starting point.
When looking at some graphic designers as inspiration I noticed I liked simplistic shapes working in with the fonts. From that I then started off with twenty six black circles to work over.
Rather than paint of these circles I wanted to erase some parts of it instead. Opacity became a big part in making this. Different textures and forms were taken into consideration. I wanted each letter to be different from the last.
Here are then some examples of the font I created. Although I was happy with the look of the type face. I noticed that it didn’t read as well as I had hoped. But I was still happy with the outcome.
I think it fits in with some of the visuals I had looked at previously.